Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Something to Gripe about

Hello guys, I would like to gripe about my phone and its battery and all. I have been using if for a little over two years and recently, it has been acting up in terms of battery life throughout the day. When I first got the phone, it last me the whole day and that I do not have to worry about the battery running out and that I only need a colorful case to make a fashion statement for my phone. However, it has changed. The battery life have been fluctuating between 30 mins to 5 hours. I personally do not know what is the problem. I have seen others with same kind of phone that I have and they do not seems to have the same problem as I have. *Sigh*. I would like to have you guys know that I have an Apple iPhone 5, yes the original one. I think that my battery on the phone is on its death bed and that it is asking the phone to be backed up and go over to a new phone. In another situation, I still have to get a new phone either way as I do not have enough space on my device to place all of my music and photos and apps. *Sigh* It's going to be missed.

Even tough my phone might be retired, it will not be fully retired as I will be jailbreaking it and I will be testing alll of the jailbroken applications on it and see ihow it will work with the phone. I will switch over to a phone that have a better battery life. I hope that this phone will last me until the market have a phone that marries the philosophy of Apple, Samsung, LG, Nokia, and Motorola. As far as I am concerned, no manufacture so far have been able to produce a device that have any combination of the manufactures stated. So yeah, for the time being, I will be between either Apple or Samsung. Thanks for your time and I hope that you guys hae a nice day and a fun week.

Another thing, I might be in the south compared to my fellow brothers in the nation of Canada, but this witner in New York have not been a fun one as the temperatures have dipped way below freezing. The lowest number that I have checked was -17°C. I know that Spirit will comment on how cold it is in Canada and whatnot, but I do not think that he have to experience a blizzard before the drop in temperature. Anyhow, I would like to say that the problem with the phone is most of my gripe and that I would love to have it changed.
[Image: BOEING-APP-LOGO_433.jpg][Image: logo-PMDG.png]
}
Thanks given by:

I just signed a new 2 year contract for iphone 5 this year. Lets hope it doesn't die that soon, as my previous 4s has been running over 3 years without any issues. You can't really get anything else that comes close to the feel of an iphone. There are tons of really good android devices out there in the market, but you got to get out of your comfort zone to get used to them. Samsung S series is a top contender and it runs on a solid android OS, but from what I have seen, durability is a big issue with Samsung phones. They tend to be big and slim, which makes them delicate and I like my phone rugged, as I'm often careless with them.

NY is pretty close to us Torontonians, so its not like you don't know what cold is. Things have been pretty bad this year with cold and for us yesterday was counted as coldest day in years, -20[font]°C[/font] felt like -40[font]°C[/font] with strong winds. The good thing for us and bad for New Yorkers is that they got the snow storm this year. How much cm snow you guys got there? I hope you are taking care of yourself, stay warm brother.
[Image: e1136783d43046c3dff262d2c156691ec094c65e...261cf0.gif]
}
Thanks given by:

Apple is designing a car, thats all the news, bye

Well, here comes the fanboy !!! Dont ever buy a Samsung, not because i'm an Apple Fan or something, i know apple does crap like Apple Watch, but foreal, Samsung devices are crap, i had a lot of them, Batery sucks, and as spirit said, Durability.... , Now, if i had to make a suggestion, switch to motorola, they are making great phones.

Coming back to your iPhone issue, Have you updated to iOS 8 ? , it happens a lot when you first switch to another OS, i have an iphone 6, and last month i had a lot of problems with it lasting 3 hours, then i did something, first of all, Apple only allows background apps to run 5 minutes, then the app closes, so... its not an open App problem, but a working background process problem. 2nd, The problem i had were 3 things, first: I didnt need my screen to be that bright 2- Go to Config and disable a lot of useless notifications you dont need, for example, i dont receive Facebook notifications on my Phone, i dont need it... i just open the Facebook app when i need to check if there's something new, and activating Facebook Notifications means a background process ... same with Calendars, Twitter, iCloud, news, There are a lot of Apps with useless notifications, running in background and making your battery life suck. I disabled a lot of useless apps from sending me notifications and just activated Messenger And WhatsApp, the rest is just a waste of battery. 3rd thing= It sometimes the screen turns on itself in your pocket because of the home button, so you better change the setting to turn the phone screen off after 15 seconds or less. 4 ( BONUS ) : Do not jailbreak, its worst than what you think, iOS 8 Jailbreak is still on working process, and the current version has a lot of bugs, just try what i said or ...change it lol.

GOOD LUCK !! Smile
[Image: giphy.gif]
}
Thanks given by:

(02-16-2015, 07:32 PM)'N0616JC' Wrote: Hello guys, I would like to gripe about my phone and its battery and all. I have been using if for a little over two years and recently, it has been acting up in terms of battery life throughout the day. When I first got the phone, it last me the whole day and that I do not have to worry about the battery running out and that I only need a colorful case to make a fashion statement for my phone. However, it has changed. The battery life have been fluctuating between 30 mins to 5 hours. I personally do not know what is the problem. I have seen others with same kind of phone that I have and they do not seems to have the same problem as I have. *Sigh*. I would like to have you guys know that I have an Apple iPhone 5, yes the original one. I think that my battery on the phone is on its death bed and that it is asking the phone to be backed up and go over to a new phone. In another situation, I still have to get a new phone either way as I do not have enough space on my device to place all of my music and photos and apps. *Sigh* It's going to be missed.

i had the same problem with my 4s... and what i did was just buying a new battery... now i'm happy again. talking about the jailbreaking thing, for me it's really awesome, i like the fact that there's some tweaks that actually makes your iphone experience better, or at least it makes you feel more comfortable due the nice functions that some tweaks can offer.

ashba is right in a lot of things, you can save a lot of your battery life by doing simply things like that, but i don't know why he says that about the jailbreak, for me is a good thing, (if you're a curious guy, and love to personalize your device.

And the last thing is... idk about the durability of samsungs, but my phone have been used by 3 years or more now. And the only thing is that it stopped vibrating just a few months ago, but it still works fine. Have a good day, and if you're going to buy a new device go for an apple device.

and if you want to buy a samsung, check the samsung s4 mini, and if you want another os just go for an windows phone. (that's only an oppinion jejeje)

[Image: sig.php?player_id=177&background=random]

[Image: 4117867.png]
}
Thanks given by:

luifer im not saying a jailbreak is bad, i mean, they have to update jailbreak to every new version of iOS, and the ios 8.2 version is still unstable
[Image: giphy.gif]
}
Thanks given by:

(02-18-2015, 12:12 PM)'Dj Ashba™ ۩' Wrote: luifer im not saying a jailbreak is bad, i mean, they have to update jailbreak to every new version of iOS, and the ios 8.2 version is still unstable

oh ok... my bad

[Image: sig.php?player_id=177&background=random]

[Image: 4117867.png]
}
Thanks given by: