Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Small Deagle tutorial

I've called it "deagle" but this tips could be useful with any preferred gun. I don't know how I ended up playing only with desert eagle but I'm enjoying mastering my skill with it. Especially if you are playing on a map with limited funds, you can always bind on F2 or F3 autobuy deagle, vesthelm and kit. Even if your team loses and you haven't killed anyone in this round you will still have money for the same set in the next round.

so yeah, here are my basics...

1. Learn how to move well

No need to say, moving is very important. If you stay still and shoot - you're an easy target. If you sit and shoot - it's even easier to head shot you. Learn to become agile, the more you move - the harder it is to hit you, the downside is the crosshair would be HUGE when you run or jump so your bullets can go anywhere except where you want them to go.

Learn how to bunny hop and how to jump - it might not play the most important role but it could be useful in some situations (i.e. on Dust2 as a CT to jump through the mid gates and have less chances to be hit with enemy's awp)

If you see a HE grenade flying at you, run towards it, let it pass you and explode behind. You'll receive less damage than when you run back.

Knife makes you run fast, Scout makes you run even faster. With Scout in your hand doing a strafe jump to the cliff on de_nuke is a piece of cake. If you have a lot of cash - grab a Scout(~$3000) with your deagle set and show those damn awpers how to snipe Big Grin

2. Know your surroundings

If you learn how to do it, this could make your gameplay extremely fun.

Always keep track of what's happening on the map. Check your radar frequently and watch where the dots of your teammates disappear so you know where the enemy is. Listen to gunshots and sometimes steps for the same idea.

You are a survivor. You have only deagle and your kevlar and you won't last long against a crowd of people. Though if you learned Step 1 killing you won't be easy for them and before you go down you would take at least one of them with you. With your deagle you will be facing people with AKs, M4s, awps, machine guns, shotguns. Believe me, it takes a lot of skill, but your effort will be rewarded in the end. There's no better feeling than when in a matter of 2-3 seconds you kill 3 people rushing at you from different sides with only 3-maybe 4 bullets.

Desert Eagle, I call it sometimes a Personal Hand Cannon. It can be very deadly as a gun. Unfortunately it sucks at long distances, so your primary task when you pick up your target would be to close up the distance (by the use of the surrounding objects to protect you if needed). Medium distance is fine, close range - worse for your enemies. Too far - and your bullet if it hits enemy's head will do only 90 or so damage.

Avoid getting too close to people with rifles if they see you. AK47 or M4 will make 1000 holes in you in no time. SPRAYING enemies are the worst type for you. If you met one, just step to the side behind some cover and let them spray the wall and waste bullets. You are agile, remember?

What did I mean by "fun gameplay" earlier ? You can have a lot of situations when you can outsmart your opponents even if they were in advantage from the start.

As an example, I was running from banana to A on Inferno to defuse the bomb. One of my teammates was behind me. When we reached the bomb site no T's were seen anywhere. I didn't go up to the boxes but decided to run straight into the wall and check the alley on the right that goes from CT spawn. I knew that most likely my teammate will look left where the bomb was. As soon as I turned my head right to see if anyone's there somebody started to shoot from AK in my back. Without stopping or turning around to face him, without slowing down I stepped back against the foundation of the square. By doing this I completely disappeared from my enemies sight and all his spraying bullets went either above me or into the ground. My teammate easily killed him during that time.

3. Save bullets!

Desert Eagle has only 7 bullets in the clip. That's a compensation for its high lethal potential.

Don't shoot em all out in 3 seconds! You want to avoid reloading as much as you can. This gun will require a huge deal of being accurate when aiming for your target. MAKE SURE EVERY BULLET WILL DO DAMAGE or have a spot nearby where you can make a fast reload.

SAVE THE FUCKING BULLETS

When shooting, fire about 1 bullet in 0.75 of a second. A little faster than a bullet per second. This will help to reduce the recoil.

4. Aim for the head!

One of the reasons why I probably began to love deagle so much was one-bullet shots. Before deagle I never liked spraying AK/m4, never liked 2-3 bullet shots while strafe shooting either. Tap shooting seemed not very accurate to me in terms of head shots. I always wanted to be more accurate. So I started with 1 bullet shots for the rifles. This requires a lot of skill too, it's not easy to make only one shot and get a headshot but the more you practice - the better you become at it.

I upped my record by making a 21% accuracy with deagle only with more than a half of the kills I've made were head shots (that would be lets say 300 hs out of 500 kills). That was before my dear laptop burned and the shit I try to run CS now is from 2002. My accuracy is 16% cause of this shit now.

With having deagle and only 7 bullets and 3 guys with heavy guns in front of you you're pretty much fucked.

WRONG! It just takes some practice and before these guys know they'll be all dead in 3 seconds. A bullet to the head from deagle at mid-close range will end their silly attempt to kill you. With enough moving and shooting practice you'll have double and triple(very rare) head shots! They would never know what hit them.

and lastly...

5. Practice

Play with bots. Like 4+ bots vs you. Play with noobs. Play with pro's.

Practice, practice and more practice. Only then you would come closer to mastering this gun.

I want to say "thanks" to people who played with me, like 1/1 , 2/2 games, deagle/deagle, deagle/guns. They'll know if they read this Big Grin
That's always a great learning experience for me <3.
}

DeagleShot haha Nice bro! I like to practice
I like to practice in de_dust2 24/7 with you
Thanks
[Image: 2860ll.png]
[Image: 2v1mc6v.png]
}
Thanks given by: Blink

And we should do it again Big Grin
}
Thanks given by:

(03-27-2014, 05:07 PM)Blink Wrote: And we should do it again Big Grin

LOL when the damn company give me back my internet
[Image: 2860ll.png]
[Image: 2v1mc6v.png]
}
Thanks given by:

Great tutorial, but a video would be better. LOL. I personally would love to do that, but for some reason when I hit my fire button, it takes 0.5 seconds for my computer to react and by that time, I'm already dead... Only if my computer can have an instantaneous reaction to my commands, then I might be able to do more. Oh well, c'est la vie.

In addition to what Blink said, take your latency into perspective, if you have a high ping, then you should find ways to lower your ping. If you have devices at your home that you can control when it uses your internet, then you should shut it down before you play CS and you will be able to move at a "faster" speed compared to other players in the same area of your town. It is really that you turn dynamic crosshair off and make sure that you choose a crosshair color that will let you see in any kind of situation and that you should make sure that the color will allow to see it in a very wide range of maps.

If I have said something that was incorrect, please correct me. I know that I'm still a noob at this game and I still have much more to learn.
[Image: BOEING-APP-LOGO_433.jpg][Image: logo-PMDG.png]
}
Thanks given by: kick-ass , Blink

No, that's a great addition that covers a technical side of things. There's probably more to that as like ending all the processes that you don't need to free some RAM for the game Smile

Waaah I'm sharing my network with 2 other people, so in the best case there's at least 1 device besides my laptop working, at worst there are like 5 lol, grandparent's desktop, grandma's laptop or her tablet and whatnot haha. Sometimes it makes me rage and I go to piratebay and download a big video of something and go to sleep in hopes they would feel what I feel >:O

Each small candle lights a corner of the dark
-Roger Waters
}
Thanks given by:

Are u guys interested in more tutorials, vids, and stuff like that? demo critiques maybe?
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

[Image: tumblr_mqs3acRDYo1rw5vcwo1_400.gif]
}
Thanks given by: MpReSsive

When using the deagle have the bottom of the crosshair aimed at the head. that's what i do Smile
62_495443570575554_1826775312_n.jpg[/img]
}

Another thing that works for me, if first bullet hits the body, it staggers your target and it's easier to make a fast second shot to the head. I was just rushing t base for awp sniper and jumped out of the wall and he shot me but I was in the air so it didn't kill me. He didn't finish switching to deagle my 2 bullet got him in the head Smile

Each small candle lights a corner of the dark
-Roger Waters
}
Thanks given by:

thank you very much helped me a lot :3
[Image: 302qvf5.jpg]

[Image: Calavera.jpg]
}