Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Gaming Rig Build

I am still debating on using any parts from my old desktop for my new one.  My old one is perfectly healthy, and will most likely give it to my wife to use and use my new one myself.  The only thing I could reuse would be the hard drive anyway.
[Image: dlaupo2cb8e.png]

"Time waits for no man."
}
Thanks given by:

Well I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of what I'm ordering now, will make final decision in the next couple days.  Thanks everyone for all the help and advice.  Only thing I'm aggravated about is that the GeForce GTX 1060s are all sold out.  So now I will have to either wait until they come back in stock (which there is no estimated timeframe) or settle for GeForce GTX 970.  Once I order all the parts I will post the parts I got.  I will also keep this thread open for my build once I get the parts and start putting it together.

"Time waits for no man."
}
Thanks given by:

Are you going to get a monitor? also what keyboard and mouse you thinking?
[Image: Herpywhooves-vhs-signature.gif]
}
Thanks given by:

I've decided I am going to reuse some things from my old PC; such as, my monitor, hard drive, keyboard and mouse. I will of course buy new eventually, but not immediately.

"Time waits for no man."
}
Thanks given by: Phaze-One , CAMILO1010

So I pulled the trigger and purchased all the parts. Luckily the video card I wanted came back in stock.  Here is my list of what I decided.

[/url]
[url=http://s14.photobucket.com/user/wattupG/media/2016-08-17.png.html][Image: 2016-08-17.png]

[Image: 2016-08-17%201.png]

"Time waits for no man."
}
Thanks given by: CAMILO1010

Most of the parts have arrived! The 1 TB hdd, Logitech G402 mouse, Sharkoon case, and oversized Roccat Sense mousepad will be here by end of day tomorrow.

[Image: 20160823_195232.jpg]

"Time waits for no man."
}
Thanks given by: Phaze-One

[Image: 20160827_115230.jpg]
[Image: 20160827_115244.jpg]

Finally got everything put together and working. Took every bit of about 20 hours over the last 3 days. Put it together and took it apart about 4-5 times because kept having problems booting at first. Everything is working great except for my FPS in CS GO is capping about 70. Still trying to change settings to get it to max FPS.

"Time waits for no man."
}
Thanks given by: Phaze-One , CAMILO1010 , [BsK] S7VEN

[Image: graphic.png]
}
Thanks given by: r3coN

So after several days of adjusting and tweaking I can't figure out why I can't get max FPS on my new rig. With all of the parts I have there is no reason why it shouldn't run max FPS on almost any game. However I am only getting between 50-100 FPS(same as my old shit pc). I have had a lot of people try to help with changing settings and updating drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to no avail. My next step is to contact the manufacturers of certain parts and try to get new ones, hoping the cause is a defective part. I believe my GPU may be defective, and there is a possibility of the CPU as well. I'm very frustrated and disappointed at this point.

"Time waits for no man."
}
Thanks given by:

With all that you have , you should get 100 fps for up , the safest , it must be a fault of any piece
[Image: 76561198312096340.png]   [Image: graphic.png]

}
Thanks given by: