Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: LIMIT AWP to 3/team?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Limit
43.75%
7 43.75%
No Limit
56.25%
9 56.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AWPs

-1 for me i like the server now " maybe " if we do that the players dont gonna play and we gonna lose population for me keep the server without restriction of awp and auto rifle
Just Another Guy .. Blush  Blush
}
Thanks given by: r3coN

Definitely yes... BUT, only in servers like dust24/7 and official, with the mods, limit the awp in classic would be a bad idea, also, why limit the Flashbombs and don't limit the awp? +1 Big Grin
}
Thanks given by:

Well, given that I have to slay/kick and sometimes ban them, they still do it... I think that at the core it's a good idea, but in an overall sense, I don't like this to be implemented in that some players do want to practice with their awp and that they often do it outside of the spawn. I wish that I can code a plugin where the spawn campers will lose health at an accelerated pace if they were to camp the spawn area for more than 10-15 seconds after the start of the round and would end 1 min after the start of the round. I think that this would be a much more fair way of making a camping meter and the rest of the map, the admins can take care of them. I don't think that this plugin would be able to written in time for immediate implementation in that I can only code simple C++ programs and that from what I know about AMX-Mod, my skill won't cut it. Also, all of the camping meter that I have came across are those annoying ones where they take your health when you just crawling through a vent or camping an area where you would expect the enemy to go in the next 5 seconds. I don't like that kind of camping meter in that it really decrease the returning players in our server. In all, I think that limiting the amount of awp that a team can buy any given round. In addition to that, I sometimes accidentally purchase an awp because I hit the wrong bind. Because of my accidental action, I have drastically decreased my team's awper amount to two and if anyone did the same, then my whole team would be awpless and that it would sometimes put the team at a disadvantage. So, I don't think limiting awp is a good idea. So, -1 from me.
[Image: BOEING-APP-LOGO_433.jpg][Image: logo-PMDG.png]
}
Thanks given by:

First of all limiting to 3 AWPs per team was only an example, it could be 4 or 5 as well. Making it a challenge to get an AWP is a good idea as well.

(04-19-2014, 09:33 PM)VeGa Wrote: -1 for me i like the server now " maybe " if we do that the players dont gonna play and we gonna lose population for me keep the server without restriction of awp and auto rifle

I can almost guarantee that the server will not lose its players if you restrict/limit AWP since this is Dust 24/7 with a lot of mods that aren't part of the game, many people already hate the triple jumping mod and Flashbang is restricted yet they still play. In case they do not like the limited AWPs, they can always go to the Classic or Official servers.

(04-19-2014, 10:18 PM)N0616JC Wrote: Because of my accidental action, I have drastically decreased my team's awper amount to two and if anyone did the same, then my whole team would be awpless and that it would sometimes put the team at a disadvantage. So, I don't think limiting awp is a good idea. So, -1 from me.

Well you could just drop the AWP and give it someone who wants it.. No harm done.

(04-19-2014, 07:02 PM)[BsK] kick-ass Wrote: -1 Sorry, but AWP is a good weapon like others.
What about have 3 m4a1 per team?
What about have 3 M249 per team?
What about have 3 Ak-47 per team?

Im not sure about only 3 AWP, sorry.

LMAO, I get what you're trying to say and I don't mean to be rude but it's kind of a stupid logic </3

(04-19-2014, 06:43 PM)r3coN Wrote: Once something is taken out someone will find something else to abuse. I for one will disagree with AWP restrictions and would be disappointed if it happens.

What could they possibly start to abuse? Auto AWP? Well that's kind of better since AWP only requires only 1 RANDOM shot to kill your target on any part of the body while an Auto AWP does not. Shotguns are next on the list since they do the most damage in a CLOSE RANGE (long range with shotguns is hopeless) and to get close to the opponent, you have to be really good at jumping and I don't see many players who are. I can't think of anything else that is as overpowered as an AWP.

"I for one will disagree with AWP restrictions and would be disappointed if it happens. "

I don't see you playing in the Dust 24/7 server a lot (perhaps you play with a different name, in that case dismiss this next part), why would you be then affected by some changes?

EDIT:

I just found out that Auto AWPs were restricted, well that just favors my argument. Why would you guys restrict Auto AWPs but not AWPs?
}
Thanks given by:

I would be happy playing without AWPs at Dust2 24/7
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
}
Thanks given by: Tome pa'l pinto , uGod , Freak ShOw.