Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Router

Hi guys , i have a problem with my router , when i open steam on windows or chrome my router restarts , what can i do? Sad

I turn off my antivirus, my firewall , i restart my computer , i re-install steam but nothing works.
Just Another Guy .. Blush  Blush
}
Thanks given by:

Hum not sure about your set up i would need more infomation, you might want to just try to connect the device without the router if that is possible and see if you are getting the same results.
[Image: Herpywhooves-vhs-signature.gif]
}
Thanks given by: VeGa

(04-20-2017, 11:42 PM)Phaze-One Wrote: Hum not sure about your set up i would need more infomation, you might want to just try to connect the device without the router if that is possible and see if you are getting the same results.

Im connected through wifi , and i use the UTP cable and i have the same problem , my router restarts, i have my ports open, i restart the router , and nothing . 

which information do you need ?
}
Thanks given by:

well for starters what device are you trying to use, what kind of internet connection do you have and what router/modems are you going through, im assuming you are using windows since you mentioned it before what ver of windows and what are you trying to accomplish exactly? Are you using latest steam client or you just trying to connect via web browser, you said you tried google chrome? Could be alot of things.... Tell us more...
}
Thanks given by:

(04-21-2017, 12:58 AM)Phaze-One Wrote: well for starters what device are you trying to use, what kind of internet connection do you have and what router/modems are you going through, im assuming you are using windows since you mentioned it before what ver of windows and what are you trying to accomplish exactly? Are you using latest steam client or you just trying to connect via web browser, you said you tried google chrome? Could be alot of things.... Tell us more...

Im trying to use steam on my notebook HP , i have windows 10 , my internet connection its WiFi, my router is ubee ddw2600, i just open steam on the client or the browser and my modem restarts, i call my internet provider and they say " its a steam problem just dont use it " ... they dont help me , i dont know if i need change my router or just surrender.
}
Thanks given by:

Ok that is a cable modem you have, it is not the best and is over 5 years old im sure, who is your internet provider? They need to upgrade your sht
}
Thanks given by:

I hate to say it but im thinking at this point you need a new modem/router sir. Thats the kind of thing a good internet provider will provide you with or give you a discount on. Who is your shit for provider?
}
Thanks given by:

(04-21-2017, 02:08 AM)Phaze-One Wrote: I hate to say it but im thinking at this point you need a new modem/router sir. Thats the kind of thing a good internet provider will provide you with or give you a discount on. Who is your shit for provider?

Its Claro , so popular on Colombia , i call them and they gonna give me another router .
}
Thanks given by:

well cool let us know if that fixes the problem.
}
Thanks given by: VeGa