Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mybb 2.0 preview

This is a demo of Mybb 2.0 software that we use for our forum. Banished Soldiers website was founded on this software and in all the years it has never let us down. 2.0 would be there latest release. It is still in development, but so far I'm impressed with what I seen. There is a lot more promised than what you see in this demo.

What are your thoughts on this ?

[Image: e1136783d43046c3dff262d2c156691ec094c65e...261cf0.gif]
}
Thanks given by: Phaze-One , EDHAWK , StandarD , [BsK] S7VEN

Weird, probably something wrong with my connection i cannot watch the video but from the title and description, looks like its friendly with mobile users, i wouldn't mind a mobile version of this site.
Does not mean i cannot access from my phone but something friendly will be always appreciated.
}
Thanks given by:

We can always create a mobile friendly theme. The only problem is that it would require a lot of changes. Our website is mobile friendly, but our modules are another story. I don't want to put a stripped down version of our site just to make it mobile friendly.

Let me put it this way. Would it really be worth it to have it mobile friendly while losing chatbox, and Forum stats from that version? That's always been the case that stopped me from doing it.
}
Thanks given by:

Assuming we need to turn on the PC to check most stuffs including Cstrike, etc
The mobile version is not something that we would be losing sleep over specially if many things needs to be sacrificed or changed
}
Thanks given by:

I like the dark theme, but, this web haven't responsive and i hate it, i prefer the 2.0 version, and have too much options to change the theme Big Grin
$die = false;

while(!$die){
  $dietryToKill();
}
}
Thanks given by:

Majority of websites I look at on my cell phone I view with full desktop version.  If it allows me the option between mobile or desktop version I choose desktop.  I'm not worried about mobile friendly especially not enough to change our desktop site.
[Image: dlaupo2cb8e.png]

"Time waits for no man."
}
Thanks given by:

(07-09-2016, 12:43 PM)EDHAWK Wrote: I like the dark theme, but, this web haven't responsive and i hate it, i prefer the 2.0 version, and have too much options to change the theme Big Grin

What do you mean by not responsive? Icons glow when you hover over them, we have a retractable panel, and there are many small details that people don't even realize. What more can be done ?
}
Thanks given by:

I'm not sure, but, this page don't use the meta viewport tag, sorry if i'm mistaking

I think, it is a "old" responsive, but the 2.0 version, it's "new". But i can't speak if you don't show the new version. I'll wait, you always do a good job Big Grin
$die = false;

while(!$die){
  $dietryToKill();
}
}
Thanks given by:

(07-14-2016, 09:29 PM)EDHAWK Wrote: I'm not sure, but, this page don't use the meta viewport tag, sorry if i'm mistaking

I think, it is a "old" responsive, but the 2.0 version, it's "new". But i can't speak if you don't show the new version. I'll wait, you always do a good job Big Grin

We do not use those tags because of the reasons explained above. Our modules would not support them, and without modules the mobile friendly design would be a lack luster effort.

The other thing that I've noticed is that everyone is focused upon the mobile friendly design. Let me clarify that, while we are on the topic. Mobile friendly design is not a new feature. It has been there since Mybb 1.6. I was only able to find that particular video, because Mybb 2.0 is still in development. Purpose of the video was to show how big of a change there is from current to dev version.

For the people not familiar with dev releases. You have minor and major releases. Usually, minor release consist of security fix, or tiny feature not deserving of their own version. In Mybb system they are represented in third decimal spot. Like if version is 1.6.5, then in this case 5 represents small patch, but if you look at the title it says 2.0, which means we going to have a full revamp of the software. This is a major release and it has been under works, since 2012. Give it time, and I'm sure the end product would be worth the wait.
}
Thanks given by:

You're right, now, try to work in it... i know you'll do a good job... Thanks $atanic. I hope the 2.0 version will be good, we can try
$die = false;

while(!$die){
  $dietryToKill();
}
}
Thanks given by: