Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[ISSUE] HELP Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged

2 days ago i was at steam with camilo trading some cs go weapons. Suddenly a thunder storm start and a
Thunderbolt hit the ground near my house. Well my laptop shut down with the power still on a weird situation because a have a power source to avoid the laptop to shut down when the light is gone.

My Ethernet modem burns and the ISP just came today to replace the damaged modem, now i have a new concern my Ethernet cant be connect directly my wifi works good but as you guys know its better to play games with the network connect directly.

I'm desperate i need ideas of the damaged or solutions

[Image: Aemwp4P.png]

I already use different cables and i bought a new one it doesn't work neither.
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: nice-ass-gifs-33.gif?w=430&h=242]

}
Thanks given by:

Could be a number of things, i would first check the new modem/router and make sure it is configured properly. Then check the computer network adapter drivers and settings.
[Image: Herpywhooves-vhs-signature.gif]
}
Thanks given by: BsK.| Fps

First thing, the same damn thing happened to me. Lightning hit my apartment building and my modem was burned up, had to order a new one because i aint renting one from my ISP for another $10/month.

Second, If it was plugged in when the lightning struck, then it probably fried the internal Ethernet controller on your laptop, and if it did that, then you need to replace the laptop or just play on wifi.

Third, i would do what Phase suggested, and see if the new modem is configured correctly. Sometimes when you get a new modem, you have to activate it or set it up depending on the ISP you are using before you can really connect to the internet.
[Image: graphic.png]
[img=0x150]http://s8.postimg.org/uhtklp5j9/code_1.png[/img]
}
Thanks given by: BsK.| Fps

I already call my ISP to reset the modem configurations.

Yea i think it fried my ethernet adapter Sad

i already tried everything! reset drivers, update drivers, check dns , ip.

I will be out of steam for a while since i hate playing with wifi.

}
Thanks given by:

Did you try another computer ?
[Image: Herpywhooves-vhs-signature.gif]
}
Thanks given by:

The Ethernet cable works fine in my mom laptop.

But it ain`t working in my laptop i`m fucking piss off >*(.

}
Thanks given by:

What we need to do is gather a mob with pitch forks and lanterns to strike lightning's internet. That will teach that vile thing not to mess with us.
[Image: e1136783d43046c3dff262d2c156691ec094c65e...261cf0.gif]
}
Thanks given by: [BsK] S7VEN , Phaze-One , BsK.| Fps

For sure, spirit my laptop my baby my precious Sad dam lightning burn my baby Sad

}
Thanks given by: