Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How To Create a Map for CS!

Well, as the title says, I'll teach you to create a simple map for CS 1.6!

For create a map, you need a "Valve Hammer Editor"... You can downloading this searching in google!

1. Create base for player and wall's (I created a cube map because it's only a example! You can create everything but remember BASE for player and CLOSE ALL MAP!)
[Image: mapaaim1.jpg]

2. Now, will place the entity of player! (Spawn For Players)
Entities: "Info_Player_Star" : CT
"Info_Player_Deathmath" : TT
and will place a "Light Environment" in the center of map! (This is the Light for the Map)
[Image: mapaaim3.jpg]

We'll add some overhead obstacles to make it look better...
[Image: mapaaim4.jpg]

3. Well, Select the Texture "aaatrigger" in the Texture List and create a Cube (This cube shows the parameters each team purchase! Create 1 in CT Spawn and TT Spawn)
Then select the aaatrigger cube and press ALT + T and will place the funtion "func_buyzone" and in the propieties "Invisible" select "YES"!!

4. Now, create a sky... Search in the Texture List the texture "SKY" and create a cube above the map (The sky has to cover the whole map!)
Then go to "Map" and "Map Properties" and place the map name!

SKY NAME LIST!
Quote:Mount
nynight
sam
backalley
badlands
bluert
city1
cult2
cxbk
de_stormbk
Desrt
Space
Dust
Snow
City

...and more in the cstrike\gfx\env (are .tga files)

5. And for last step, create a bomb site!
For This select "aaatriger" texture and create a cube! (parameters for planting bomb)
Then select the cube and press "CTRL + T" and select the Class "func_bomb_target".
At Target (when bomb blows) they put a name, in this case I put "bomb-a".
[Image: 6p861j.jpg]
We have the site for planting C4.

6. Now to make things explode around the bomb site, we will do this!
Select the object and press "CTRL + T" and select "func_breakable".
Then in the propriety "Name" write "bomb-a"
[Image: b6bl89.jpg]

And presto ... with this you can create your own map!
If need help can ask traves a comment or PM! also i speak Spanish
All this has been created by me! I hope you have served!
[Image: 6amo.png]
}

Decent turotial, but it is not detailed enough and anyone who tries to create a map with this will have a lot of issues.

(10-13-2013, 01:48 AM)astar :3 Wrote: For create a map, you need a "Valve Hammer Editor"... You can downloading this searching in google!

Just to add a little thing here. Instead of using google you can download official version of "Valve Hammer Editor" from steam by going to Library then Tools. The official package is called Half-life SDK and that one includes all the tools you need with .wad files.
[Image: giphy.gif]
}
Thanks given by: Fuzilero , BullsEye©

(10-13-2013, 11:44 AM)$pirit Wrote: Decent turotial, but it is not detailed enough and anyone who tries to create a map with this will have a lot of issues.

(10-13-2013, 01:48 AM)astar :3 Wrote: For create a map, you need a "Valve Hammer Editor"... You can downloading this searching in google!

Just to add a little thing here. Instead of using google you can download official version of "Valve Hammer Editor" from steam by going to Library then Tools. The official package is called Half-life SDK and that one includes all the tools you need with .wad files.

You are so right ... Create a map not so easy in fact is somewhat complicated!

But the SDK, not is fit for the 1.6 ... SDK used to create map's only gaming SOURCE!
}
Thanks given by:

(10-13-2013, 12:26 PM)astar :3 Wrote: But the SDK, not is fit for the 1.6 ... SDK used to create map's only gaming SOURCE!

Wrong there my friend. Source SDK is for source games, but Half-Life SDK is for half life based games which includes Counter Strike 1.6.
[Image: giphy.gif]
}
Thanks given by:

(10-13-2013, 02:43 PM)$pirit Wrote:
(10-13-2013, 12:26 PM)astar :3 Wrote: But the SDK, not is fit for the 1.6 ... SDK used to create map's only gaming SOURCE!

Wrong there my friend. Source SDK is for source games, but Half-Life SDK is for half life based games which includes Counter Strike 1.6.

:O Nice info! i thought it was only for source games!
}
Thanks given by:

You really gotta be good with working with models and 3D xyz grids in order to make a map the right size. Actually pretty easy once you learn how to use XYZ and what not but still takes a lot of time.
}
Thanks given by:

DON'T respawn old threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
}
Thanks given by: