Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hard Drive Cloning.

Hey Guys, I am currently thinking about building a new computer, but I do not want to lose the files on my current hard drive and I would like to move it to a bigger drive with better specs and ratings than my current hard drive and my current computer specifications. I would like to know how to clone a hard drive in so that I have the same exact files in my old drive as in my new drive. I have attempted to find the instructions on the internet, but they were too vague for my taste, so I have turn to ask you guys for a better advice and instructions. Please specify the necessary materials needed for the cloning before the steps. I am current thinking about cloning my laptop hard drive to a desktop drive. I am currently a newbie to this field so please make the instruction as newbie as possible. Thanks.

NOTE: I WILL BE REMOVING THIS THREAD AFTER I THINK I HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION TO PROCEED WITH MY ENDEAVORS. IF ANYONE DOES NOT WANT ME TO REMOVE THIS POST PLEASE DO NOT THANK MY ORIGINAL POST.
[Image: BOEING-APP-LOGO_433.jpg][Image: logo-PMDG.png]
}
Thanks given by:

i found this on google, is on spanish so im gonna translate for you Big Grin

I DONT CREATE THIS, I COPY AND LATER I TRANSLATE.

http://www.ehowenespanol.com/clonar-disc...mo_180495/

Disk-cloning program copies the contents of an existing hard disk to another disk. The new album will contain all the files that are stored on the old disk, including the operating system and any records. Acronis True Image, Norton Ghost, Paragon Drive Copy and EASEUS Disk Copy are examples of applications that make the disk cloning process is automatic. Before clone your existing hard drive to a new hard drive, you must install the new drive in the computer.

You need:
-internal hard disk or usb
-antistatic wrist strap
-SATA data cable

Instructions

1-Click "Start" and then "Computer". Right click on the disk "C:" and then select "Properties" menu.

2-Review the information that is displayed next to "Used Space". The new drive must be at least 20% larger.

3-Turn off the computer and disconnect all cables from the front or rear panels. Unplug the power cord.

4-Unscrew and pull the cover off the computer. Wear an antistatic wrist strap to protect hard drives from static electricity.

5-Take the new hard drive from its packaging protector. Connect the red wire or blue SATA data interface 15-pin to 15-pin connector on the back of the new album. Insert the other end into the port on the motherboard SATA1.

6-Connect the free end of a power cable 7-pin SATA hard drive. You can find a SATA power cable connected to the power source.

7-Insert the hard drive into an open compartment. Adhere the hard drive compartment.

8-Replace the cover of the tower and reconnect the power cord and peripheral devices. Turn on the computer and insert the CD disk cloning on CD or DVD.

9-Press "Ctrl" + "Alt" + "Del" twice to restart the computer and boot from the CD.

10-Choose the option to clone the entire hard disk. Select drive "C:" as the source disk. Check the boxes for any partition you want to copy to the new drive. Also select the checkbox to clone the boot sector or master boot record.

11-Click "Next" and choose the new hard drive as the destination disk. Choose the option to format the new disk.

12-Click "Next" and review your choices on the summary screen. Click "Finish" to begin to clone the existing hard drive contents to the new hard drive.
Just Another Guy .. Blush  Blush
}
Thanks given by: N0616JC

There are 2 easy solutions.

Add your current hard drive as secondary HDD in your new PC. This would give you an easy solution, but if you don't wanna remove HDD from your old PC. Then move it for a short while and when you have 2 HDDs on same pc just copy the data from old one to new one.

Second recommendation would be an actual cloning software. Personally I would only recommend Norton Ghost, as I have used it a couple of times and it works flawlessly. What this will do is create a disk image of your old HDD and then you can move it to your new PC and extract files.

Hope this helps, if still in doubt then feel free to contact me again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
}
Thanks given by: N0616JC