Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HOW TO[.echo.]:Speed Up internet and PC[Windows only]

Hi friends,
This is my first tutorial post in a long long time.I am doing my best to put everything and hope it helps Smile.

Many of us face problems on our CS like high ping,lag etc etc.I will try to go through troubleshooting steps to somewhat reduce ping and lags and speed up both Internet and Pc for a better experience.

The 2 main reasons for the problems are:
1)PC
2)Internet Connection itself.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1)PC-The reasons why PC can interfere with our internet connection are as follows:

(a)Antivirus- Sometimes antivirus blocks connections to and from CS 1.6.Make sure CS 1.6 is added to your exception list(Ignore list/Full Access list in many cases) of your antivirus.

(b)Fragmented drive:The drive where Cs is installed might be fragmented.Defragment it.(Should be your last resort as it might take some time).
[XP users]
Open My Computer.
Right-click the local disk volume that you want to defragment, and then click Properties.
On the Tools tab, click Defragment Now.
Click Defragment.

[Win7]
Click Start.
Type Defrag in search box.
Click Disc Defrag.

©Overloaded registry entries : Delete unnecessary reg entries using registry cleaner.I recomment CCleaner.

(d)Other Programs : Make sure no other programs that use significant PC resources are running.No other program that uses internet should be running except CS.

(e)Spyware : Spywares resides in our system and sends our private information to its owner over the internet and sometimes gives them remote access to our pc.They usually come with free softwares,Hacks(one more reason why you shouldnt use hack),Cracks,Patches.Some of them access cstrike reg entry to access internet and send information(they usually come with hack).Many a times Antivirus cant detect it easily unless it looks specifically for it.Use Antispyware to clean it.I recommend Malwarebytes.

(f)Internet bottleneck : Sometimes our internet speed is bottlenecked because of improper maintainence.Turn off your internet connection and try the following steps.
*Open Run command:[Xp] Start>Run [Win7]Windows button + R
*Execute the following one by one(press enter after typing in each command)
netsh int ip resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsocket.txt
*Then again open run and type
temp
-A folder opens.Select everything and Shift Delete(Permanent delete).
*then open run again and type
%temp%
-A folder opens.Select all and Shift Delete.

Turn off your PC for 10-15 mins and turn it back on.Internet and Pc should be faster.

(g)Low end PC : Its time to upgrade your PC.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(2)Internet Connection itself:

(a)Check all the connections in the modem.See if they are firmly connected.

(b)If you are using Wifi,sit where you get good signal.For Internet dongle users,check your signal strength too and always use usb 2.0 port.

©If your Internet is always bad and not just for CS,its time to change your ISP.

Hope this helped Smile
Banished Soldiers Forever!
Ego kills Love
PLEASE USE BSK TAG and support the community.It helps making us known to people.
}
Thanks given by: